The study visit is part of the Culture for Cities and Regions initiative, implemented by EUROCITIES, KEA and ERRIN, through which the Fund for Innovations in Culture was selected as one of the 15 European best practices for which study visits are being organized. The visit is hosted by Sofia Municipality through Sofia Development Association.
The objectives are:
• to identify the existing best practices in culture as a key element of urban development strategies;
• to promote the exchange of knowledge;
• to give visibility to the successful examples of investments in culture;
• to plan policies and ways for their implementation.
Representatives of more than 15 European cities and regions will get acquainted with the experience of Sofia and will assess which of the practices can be applied in their cities. The main topics of the working meetings are:
• Public-private Fund for Innovations in Culture;
• PPP in public funding for art and culture;
• PPP in increasing the capacity of cultural operators;
• PPP in renovation of spaces for art and culture;
• Private and public investments in culture and urban support for them.
More information about the participants: HERE.